Skip to main content

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL DRAW

Real Madrid have been handed a semi-final tie against city rivals Atletico as they look to become the first club to win back-to-back Champions League titles in the modern era.

AC Milan in 1989/90 still remain the last European champions to successfully retain their title, while no side has yet managed it since the Champions League was established in place of the old European Cup in 1992.
Los Blancos booked their place in the last four with a controversial extra-time win over Bayern Munich in the quarter finals earlier this week, and will be hoping to go all the way once more.

Atletico, who have still yet to be crowned European champions, will be hoping to reach a third final in the space of four years. But it means no Madrid derby in the final.

The other semi-final will see Monaco take on Juventus.

Spearheaded by sensational teenager Kylian Mbappe, Monaco have wowed Europe with their performances to get this stage of the competition, their first semi-final since 2004.

Juve easily dispatched Barcelona in the quarter finals, hammering their lofty opponents in Turin before putting in an incredible defensive display at Camp Nou to preserve their aggregate lead and complete their revenge after losing heavily in the 2015 final.

Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid
Monaco vs Juventus

First leg ties will be played on Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd May, with return legs scheduled for the following week. The side drawn first in each tie will play the first leg at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING NEWS: terror attack in paris

A gunman has killed a police officer and seriously wounded two others before being shot dead in an attack on the Champs Elysees shopping district in the French capital, according to Paris police and the interior ministry. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group claimed responsibility for the attack on Thursday evening, which took place three days before France's first round of presidential election. Pierre-Henry Brandet, interior ministry spokesman, said the attack happened near the Franklin Roosevelt subway station, at the centre of the avenue popular with tourists. "An automatic weapon was used against police, a weapon of war," Brandet said, adding that the "terrorist threat" in the country remained high. "A vehicle stopped near a [parked] traffic police vehicle. A man got out straight away and opened fire on the police, fatally injuring one police officer," Brandet said. "The man then tried to run away along the pavement ...

North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad

North Korea reiterated its vow to launch "full-out war" with nuclear weapons on Saturday as an American naval strike carrier was set to arrive off the tense Korean peninsula in a matter of days. Tensions between the United States and the North have soared in recent weeks as a series of North Korean missile tests have wrought ever-more bellicose warnings from President Donald trump's administration about curtailing its nuclear weapons programme. The US supercarrier Carl Vinson will arrive in the Sea of Japan in days, American Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday, after days of mixed messages from Washington over the warship's whereabouts.   The strike group was supposedly steaming towards North Korea last week amid concerns the North is ramping up for a sixth nuclear test, with Pyongyang threatening to hit back at any provocation.   But the US Navy - which had earlier said the aircraft carrier would sail north from waters off Singapore as a "prudent ...

Suspected Maoist rebels kill 24 troops in Chhattisgarh

The soldiers were guarding road workers in the Sukma district of Chhattisgarh state when they came under fire. The rebels fired from hilltops at the group of soldiers, police officer Jitendra Shukla said. Local media reported that at least six commandos had been critically injured and were being airlifted to safety. The attack is the latest in a long-running conflict between insurgents and Indian authorities in the forests and rural areas of mainly central and eastern India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi sent his condolences to the families of the soldiers and espressed his anger in a series of tweets following the raid. "We have recovered 23 bodies from the spot and one jawan (soldier) died in Raipur during treatment," Anand Chhabra, a senior police officer in restive Chhattisgarh told AFP news agency, referring to the state capital. Bhagwati Singh, a police spokesman said: "Our teams have been deployed there. We will receive more information about the situat...